Another Successful Match!
Position filled as of January 2017
Staff Accountant – Fresno, CA
My client is a growing Fresno based produce | food distribution company with a start up like culture that is eager to add a Staff Accountant to their team. Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for all aspects of accounting to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, general ledger and month-end closing functions.
As a critical member of the Accounting team you will also assist in the preparation of budgets, financial statement analysis, as well as maintaining schedules of fixed assets and deprecation. This is an excellent career opportunity for candidates with not only excellent transactional experience, but also strong analytical skills and a strategic mind-set.
Other Duties Include:
- Ensure receivables are collected and applied on a timely manner and provide weekly status
- Prepare month-end journal entry adjustments
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Analyze current procedures and implement process improvements
- Research and reconcile multiple balance sheet accounts
- Manage petty cash
- Perform bank reconciliations
Education, Experience and Other Key Attributes:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 3-years of general accounting including general ledger responsibilities
- Intermediated to Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Past experience in using ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system software
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and Internal Controls
- Highly detail oriented, analytical, and able to adapt to change with ease
- Astute ability to prioritize and discern urgent vs. important duties
- Dedicated work ethic that results completing assigned projects in a timely manner
- An isle of calm in the midst of periodic chaos and disruptions
DOE (full-time, salaried position with benefits)