Senior Tax Accountant / CPA – STOCKTON, CA
One of Stockton, CA’s most respected CPA firms is seeking its next Senior Tax Accountant, CPA. My client offers deep roots in the community, an excellent track record, stability, a closely knit firm culture and a genuine path to partnership with high earning potential for the right candidate.
In this role you are regarded and relied upon as a trusted business advisor to clients and internally within the firm. You will be part of a firm that retains clients for a lifetime by fostering relationships based in integrity, loyalty and superior client service.
In this role you will:
- Prepare complex tax returns and conduct tax research to include: Individual, S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC, Estates, Trusts, Partnerships, Multi-Entity, Multi-State returns.
- Review tax work of less experienced staff, as well as, train, mentor and provide work direction.
- Review tax information supplied by client; meet with or call client with questions.
- Recognize, anticipate and resolve tax issues; make recommendations.
- Market firm services to existing and prospective clients.
- Meet productivity and efficiency standards (billable hours).
Required Education and Experience
- CA CPA certification/license
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (advanced degrees a plus)
- 4 or more years of tax experience within public accounting, with at least one year of mid-level compliance work
- Prior supervisory experience
Other key competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Financial Accounting, Review and Compilation Engagements
- Communication Proficiency
- Accounting software proficiency (examples: CCH ProSystem (preferred), QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, BNA Tax Software)
Financial Compensation, Benefits and Amenities
- Competitive base salary, DOE, plus eligibility for bonus compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K matching plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Continuing Profession Education (CPE)
The successful applicant must possess and present proof of right to work authorization within the U.S. at time of hire.